Sunday, October 25, 2009

Healthy attitude toward diabetes

Blood and Honey: This link offers an interesting perspective on the psychology of suffering, specifically with diabetes. The hope of the film is that we who suffer from chronic illness learn to move from avoidance, denial or fateful resignation and from their associated pain. We need to embrace the reality of our condition with constructive acceptance and resolve to move forward in a healthy way.

The Five Remembrances in Buddhist wisdom:
I am of the nature to grow old; I cannot escape aging
I am of the nature to get sick;I cannot escape sickness
I am of the nature to die; I cannot escape death
I will grow separated from all that I cherish; I cannot escape separation and loss
My actions are my only belongings; I cannot escape the consequences of my actions


This documentary is in development. It needs support and funding to be presented to a wide audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment