Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A friend dies of diabetes

This is not the post I thought I would be making, but it is real. Getting on line I collided with an obituary of a former good employee and friend. Dan struggled with Type 1 diabetes, but he never let it get in the way of being a great worker and a very kind and loyal friend.
Dan died at 53. I know he struggled with this illness. I had to help him several times and once call an ambulance to get him the help he needed. Dan was very dedicated to the management of his issue. He never used his problem as a crutch. He bore his struggle well.
I saw Dan several times after I left the business. He was one of few that took the effort to kept in touch. He dropped out of my sight several years ago. I wish I had done better keeping track of him. Many come and go in our business life leaving little traces. His strong light will illuminate my life for years to come. Be well Dan.

1 comment:

  1. Glycomet 1000mg Tablet is used to control glucose levels in patients with diabetes. Along with this medicine proper diet and vigorous exercise are also required. Buy any medicine from best pharmacy online in USA with the great discount.

    ReplyDelete