Thursday, September 24, 2009

Diabetes and balanced life

Yesterday was a fine self care day. I'm convinced that managing wellness of any kind requires a balanced life. I eat very appropriately, but more importantly I did many of the things that I consider valuable to my life.
Doing my overnighter at the Temple, and being present for the residence meeting is part of being in a good community, not to mention the meditation service at 5 AM. I also facilitate a meditation group on Wednesday for people with disability. These are good friends that I enjoy being supportive of. The fourth Wednesday of each month (also yesterday) I attend a support group for caregivers of people with mental illness.
I feel it is very instrumental to my well being to be engaged with a spiritual community and the community in general to define purpose in my life. Doing good volunteer work just contributes to a sense of self worth.

1 comment:

  1. Putting your work of overcoming diabetes in the context of the service you do gives a feeling of peace and balance to the reader.

    ReplyDelete